Chest pain. ECG showed increased heart rate. Prescribed Bisoprolol. Due to heart damage?

hi i took something i shouldnt have back in start of december - i went 2 doc who gave me an ecg & said my heart was racin at 108 .. i had been very panicy & nervise before this - doc have put me on 2.5mg Bisoprolol Fumarate a day .. this is my 6th day on them - ive also had a follow up ecg which doc said my heart rate was down to 57 - she is sendin me for an ultrascan on heart in new yr at some point - but im still gettin pains in my chest . is this cause my hearts been damaged ? or is is it there stress ? or does my heart just need to settle down again ?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012