Chest pain. Done TMT. Are the results fair? Medication needed?

I am Male, 53 yrs of Age with 85 Kg weight and have been brisk-walking regularly for half an hour since last 10 yrs covering around 4 Kms every day. My BP remains in the range of 87 to 94(Diastolic) and 125 to 140 (Systolic). My lipid profile readings are all within range. I am not on any medication . Since last 1 year occassionally I have been getting pain on my left chest side which comes only for 2 seconds and then goes away. This happens on an average of once or twice a month. So I got my TMT done and RESULTS ARE : Exercise Duration - 8:30 minutes, Max Heart Rate 178 BPM 106% OF TARGET HEART RATE 167 BPM; Max BP 170/100 mm Hg; Max Work Load 9.53 METS; IMPRESSIONS - TMT is negative for reversible myocardial ischemia . I eat everything including fried, Carb, fruits, fibre, eggs , etc. Kindly advise - 1. Are the TMT RESULTS Fair, Good, or Very Good? 2. Do I need to start medication or still try to maintain through exercise?.3. Do I need to go for any other test to be very sure of the reason for the occassional pain on the left Chest side. - Vinod, Delhi, India
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013