Chest expansion less than 5cms.Is it normal?

I applied for a security guard job. in that the physical fitness column there they had mentioned that the chest should expand more than 5cms after breathing the air in. if the chest expansion is less than 5 cms is it normal.
Asked On : Mon, 12 Oct 2009
Chest expansion can be between 5-6 cms. If it is les tha 5 cms that means sthere is some thing worong with the lungs. It is also seen in smokers and many lung disease that the chest expansion is decresed
i have no idea, doctor only checks the lungs and heart sounds. he has never measured me the chest area. now i cam to know that its done