Chest discomfort, feeling of something trapped inside, inhaled peppermint candy. Aspiration pneumonia possible?

My spouse inhaled a peppermint candy after he had it in his mouth for around 3 minutes yesterday around 12pm. He refused to get checked out and now a day later he describes some chest discomfort and feels something trapped. I am thinking it might be in a bronchial tube, I m afraid he might develop aspiration pneumonia . Is it possible it can dissolve over a few days and clean itself up?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013