Chest discomfort, bronchial oedema and heaviness on suprasternal notch area. Reason?

20y male with h/o smoking for past 2 years an average of roughly about 6 a day, started experiencing chest discomfort mainly seemed like bronchial oedema and heaviness around the suprasternal notch area, went to a chest medicine doctor and had my spirometery and FeNO done which was roughly about 44ppb and spirometery showed the mef25-75 i.e the small vessels were effected..which showed improvement on asthalin inhalation .. doctor has prescribed formoterol+ budesonide rotacaps medication, also had an allergen sensitivity skin prick test done which showed im sensitive to spider web dust, dust mite and cockroach i have the following queries 1. what is the most probably diagnosis? (asthma/bronchitis/other inflamatory condition) 2. can the medication be taken SOS and does it have an dependancy or rebound phenomenon esp down regulation of the b2 receptor in my bronchi? 3. now if it is asthma or setting of COPD changes, there is remodelling of the bronchial system, will this drug retard the the process and restore it back to normal? 4. how long am i supposed to stay on medication? also due to rotacap medication is it likely that thepowder may irritate the air passage and cause a bronchoconstriction instead of dilatation? 5. could u suggest some exercises or processes to improve my lung function? and also to reduce the bronchial oedema over a longer duration? thank you for your time :)
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012