Chest discomfort. Diagnosed as benign ectopic beats. Have sufficient tests been done?

Hi!! Hope this finds you well. I have being experiencing the odd thud in my chest . I ve been to the doctor where he llistened to my heart beat and taken my blood pressure . Doctor maintains that they are ectopic beats and entirely benign. I guess my question to you is if tests undertaken by g.p are sufficient to rule out something untoward? My symptoms have persisted and I often find the thuds are much worse after eating. Is it possible that there could be a link? I m of an anxious disposition anyway so maybe I m just thinking more introspectively and that s fuelling my fear. It s just extremely difficult to believe that theory when the physical symptoms are so very real! Thanking you in advance for your response! Kind regards, N
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013