Chest congestion, heart murmur, stabbing pains chest pains, EKG normal. Is the condition due to congestion or heart problems?

I am currently suffering from sever chest congestion. I have cough and when I breath a murmur sound occurs in the chest which I am thinking is beacuse of congestion. I also got sharp stabbing pains once yesterday and once today. The pain is all of a sudden and happens on the left side of my chest. the pain is very quick and doesn t last more then couple f seconds. I was earlier diagnosed with fatty liver and also had my gal bladder removed due to stones. Last year I had heart palpitations and I consulted a doctor who ran stress test and EKG and said it was nonthing to worry. Please advice if the current condition is due to the severe congestion or do I have to worry about any heart related problems.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012