Chest congestion, asthalin nebuliser, augumantene, allegra and ascoryl. How safe is steroids?

Hi, my son is suffering from chest congestion , not coughing. But doctor says he is having chest congestion. He has asked us to nebulize him every 6 hrs with asthalin for a week and with beudocort twice for a month. I want t know how safe are these steriods??? ( He was having fever 99.7 uesterday but today morning no fever). In past, he was admitted to hospital due to chest infection where he was nebulized , given injections ( augamantene etc). Post discharge , and later he was on medicine for a week ( augumantene, allegra and ascoryl) and nebulized by asthaline twice. after completion of this process, we consulted the doc and he said he is fine now. However, just a week has passed and he is again having chest congestion no cough and fever.
Asked On : Wed, 9 May 2012