Chest X-ray shows hazy densities on upper left lung, koch's etiology. What does this mean?

hi gud day. i had an xray and it says that i have ah hazy densities on the upper left lung . and the rest part of the lung were clear. i didnt have any colds or cough for the past 8 months.. what does it means? the indication stated was that i have a hazy densities probably due to koch s etiology.. im worried because this is for my pre employment. thanks
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Hello.

The hazy densities is your description or the radiologist's? Normally the description is fluffy shadows or calcific lesions etc.

If you are asymptomatic, the shadows are likely to be old. If you had Kochs in past, then it is explainable and you should not worry in that case, especially if the shadows have remained unchanged over period.

Sometimes obesity or even a tuft of hair can cause a hazy shadow. If you have long hair, I would suggest to tie them up neatly and repeat the X-ray.

TB however uncommonly may be there without symptoms. If the shadows looks active (as per the radiologist's opinion), then get your sputum examined.

-Dr. Tushar
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Hi, Jane,
Thanks for query.
As x ray shows hazy density in right upper lung,it require further evaluation to rule out Koch's lesion.
Go for sputum examination and complete blood count with ESR.
After reports go for treatment accordingly.
Ok and bye.