Chest Pains - should I be concerned ?

I am a 34 y.o. male and am experiencing some chest discomfort on and off for about a week and pretty steady over the last day. I did pull something in my chest muscle at softball about a week ago but that is fine now. I still have this discomfort seems like when you swallow an air bubble wrong. I am overweight and do not have the greatest diet. Am worried this could be a heart complication, I do not have insurance and wondering what I should do. I live in a small town and the hospital around here is for checking in to check out permenantly. No trust for them, broken legs result in 30% gangrene rate there.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Any chest requires proper evaluation, though a good number of them turn out to be unimportant. It is worth the trouble because missing one important cause can be quite harmful.