Chemical smell, vagina itchy and painful after sex, burns while urinating. Is it UTI ?

i smell chemical smell on my boyfriend and myself in last 2 days. since vagina is in pain during and after sex but 2 days ago vagina was itchy for a few hours till taking shower was still itchy after shower for 30 or more minutes itching gotten less but then the pain happens... best can be explained right now. it burns sometimes when peeing. i have been drinking LOTS of fluids and dont think its uti but not sure whats fully goin on. was told i have vaginitis from problem with soap was using.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013