Chemical burns around the upper lip post using facial hair removal cream, appears red, splotchy, dried. How can I get rid of this?

Hi, it is Saturday evening about 6 p.m. and I used a facial hair removal cream (nair) for my upper lip on Thursday evening at about 9 or so. I have done this before and while it was a little sensitive afterwards, I never had any incidents. Unfortunately this time I have had what I have been told is a small chemical burn . It is mainly on the outside and above my lip (not under my nose) which is odd because cream was used there as well. So I guess this makes 48 hours and it s red, splotchy, and dried. I have so far been careful to not use scented lotions and there has been no fluid/bloody discharge. Just very sensitive and unattractive looking. I have been using some aloe vera and vitamin E oil. Any suggestions on anything I can do to speed up this process and how long until I look normal again??
Asked On : Wed, 2 May 2012