Chapped lips with yellowish white crusty formations at the corners. How to treat it ?

Hi. I have recently gotten chapped lips . At firts I thought it was normal chapped lips, but then i noticed something. On the corners of my mouth, there were yellowish white crusty, thick formations. I read more, and found that when you sleep with your mouth open, saliva will form these. They are only on one side. They slowly fall off sometimes, and they bled once. They are now a dark red color. I would like to know what this is and how to treat it.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012