Changed pills. Had intercourse. Missed few pills. Having periods in alternate months. Pregnancy or due to change in pills?

I recently changed pill to Mercilon. I took the pill as directed but missed my first period . My second period arrived as usual. I missed a couple of pills at the beginning of week three of the pack, after intercourse, but took them as soon as I realised - perhaps 36 hours later. I have missed my third period. I m not sure if this is related to changing pills and alternate periods are affected, or if it is related to intercourse then missing a pill. Is this normal or should i take a pregnancy test / visit my GP?
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012