Changed from progesterone pill to combined pill. Had unprotected sex. Having bloating, cramps. Normal?

After stopping breastfeeding changed from a progesterone only contraceptive pill to a combined pill. I had a week break with no intercourse and then also no intercourse for 2 weeks of taking the new pill. 2/3days before my 7 day break I had very light bleed for about a day and have had no period during 7 day break just bloating , mild cramps, is this normal when changing to a new pill?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
thank you for your query.

Yes the changes you are experiencing are due to the changeover from POP (Progestrone only pill) to Combined pill. because as the pop suggests,it contains only both estrogen and progestrone,hence to body will take time to get adjusted to it.

these will last for a few days to a week.If it continues for more than 10days then i would advise you to consult an OB/GYN to change over to a different form of contraception.

thank you,
wishing you good health