Changed exercise routine. Have pain in hip and thighs. Hurts to stand straight. Treatment?

I've been exercising lately even did a 5k ive experienced normal muscle sores but I tried mixing up my routine with a core excersise and ever since im in so much pain I thought a day of rest would work but its the second day nd it hurts hurts mainly in my hip area from my obliques to my thighs it really hurts to stand straight, walk lift my legs to cross them or pick my legs off the ground..can u tell me if I might of strained something or how I can treat it.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013