Change in behavior after marriage, partner speaks ill about family. Is it due to hormonal change or depression?

hi my brother got married on june 17.after 10 days his wife started behaving strangely. she speaks too much about her family disputes in her parents home. she belongs to a joint she wants that her parents should leave their joint family. doctors says that this is because of harmonal change is it so ? or is it depression ? please guide
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Oct 2012
hi look..this is nothing called adjustment disorder if we at all want to call it a disorder..and pills won't cure just require a consultation from a clinical psychologist to sort out the issues..this is called marital therapy or family go ahead without delay and start to enjoy life once again..thamks
Psychiatrist Dr. Gourav Monga's  Response

welcome to health care magic

As per your details, she could have some kind of psychiatric problem like Bipolar disorder, Psychotic disorders, personality disorder etc. These disorders are due to changes in neurotransmitters in brain. I advise you to take her to a psychiatrist for proper diagnosis and treatment.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

General & Family Physician Dr. A K M Wasim Rahman's  Response
Simply it is ADJUSTMENT DISORDER. Medicine may take a roll but counselling is the mainstay of treatment in this case. So your brother and his wife should consult a PSYCHOLOGIST who will help the couple to get rid of this problem.
Thank you.
best of luck.