Chances of reinfection of chlamydia by using sex toys used during earlier infection?

Hello I had chlamydia about 8 months ago. I was treated for it and when I went back to the doctor for my check up appointment i was clear and the chlamydia was gone. I have been completely fine for the past couple of months. I recently used one of my sex toys I used when I had chlamydia. Is there anyway that the chlamydia bacteria could have lasted those months and months on the toy and reinfected me when i recently used it?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012