Chances of TB spreading via kissing?

Im tb infected and my bf knows about it and at a time we kissed what are the chances of him geting infected?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response
It all depends on the type of TB you are suffering from and the treatment you are taking. If you are suffering from lung tb then the chances of spread are there, more so if it is sputum positive TB. But if you have been put on Anti Tubercular Treatment for >2 weeks, chances of spread are minimal because a person mostly becomes sputum negative after having taken ATT for 2 weeks or more. However to further clarify things he can get himself screened for TB by undergoin a xray & sputum examination.