Chalazion surgery, swollen eyes, on steroid eye drops, risks and time for recovery

My daughter had chalazion surgery a week ago on both eyes. Her eyelids are still slightly swollen and bruised. Does the swelling usually disappear and the eyelid go back to its usual position and thickness? Also she was prescribed steroid eyedrops which led to increased eye pressure , I have refused to keep putting them in, but have continued with antibiotics, have you anything you can tell me about the risks, and whether her eye pressure should go back to normal. How long does one need to use the steroids before they cause cataracts and major issues?
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012