Cervix pain, on copper coil, diagnosed with inflammation, prescribed doxycycline, metronidazole. What is the cause?

Hi I went to a doctor last night with pain coming from my cervix , I currently have the copper coil fitted since last December. The doctor examined me internally and said she couldn t see anything but beause I was in pain when she touched my cervix she said there is probably some inflammation there. I have been prescribed 100mg doxycycline capsules twice daily for 2 weeks and 400mg of metronidazole twice daily for 2 weeks I was wondering if this is current because the doctor kept mixing herself up Thankyou
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012