Cervical pain, diagnosed as infection. Taking metronidazole, swollen labia, soreness. Due to copper coil?

Hi there, I have a copper coil fitted, for over two years now. And recently experienced an excruciating pain in my cervix . My doctor, who gave me no internal examination diagnosed me with an infection . No specifics. I was prescribed metronidazole and amoxicillin . Now I am one day from completing the course of medication and my left labia is swollen and sore to the touch and when I move. No other unusual symptoms
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012