Cervical cancer reappeared, spread to different parts. Spewed out dark brown substance during death. Cause?

My mother in law just passed away. She had cervical cancer and got a hysterectomy and chemotherapy and radiation and was cured. It came back a few months later and spread to liver colon vaginal etc. She suffered bowel blockage and lived like this for 5 months. At time of death she projectile and spewed out a dark brown substance out of every oraphis, mouth, nose etc. No one can seem to tell me what caused this. Can u shed some light?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013