Cervical cancer patient with stents, kidney failure. Could leaving the stents for long have caused kidney damage?

I am a cervical cancer patient. In 2005 they were unable to operate and inserted 2 stents. In 2012 my kidneys went in to 80% failure. I was never told the stents should have been replaced or removed, they were totally black when they were removed and now I am told I need to have them replaced every 6 months. My question is did my doctors fail me by leaving the stents in for so long and did it contribute to my kidney failure? Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013