Cervical X-ray showed calcific density in spinous process, nuchal ligament calcification, osteo-degenerative changes. Conclusion?

H! Kindly explain to me the result of my mother s cervical, ap, lat, open mouth x-ray? Thanks you very much.k Age: 61, Height: around 5 feet, Weight: around 140 pounds X-ray results are as follows: 1. A calcific density is seen overlying the spinous process of C5. (bone island?) 2. Another calcific density is seen posteior to spinous process of C6. (nuchal ligament calcification ) 3. Minimal osteophytes are seen in the cervical spine . (Osteodegenerative changes) 4. The rest of the vertebral body heights, intervertebral disc spaces, posterior elements are intact. 5. Alignment and curvature are well maintained.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012