Certain pinch below the neck, burning spot around the area after long hours of working. Pinched nerve?

Hello. I was under a lot of stress as i had taken 8 university courses and my thesis in late 2009. I started feeling a certain pinch below my neck somewhere around Rhomboid major m, splenus cervicis m and rhomboid minor m ( i dug up the names on the internet to help in location). I ignored it until it became aggravated and got it checked by a general physician in the UK in 2011. He gave me some topical creams but to no avail. Increased stress has now led to a similar pinching pain on the same location on the left side of my back. It pinches when i move my arms backwards occassionally and also at times when i turn my neck either ways (nto always but at times). I also feel as if there is a burning spot right around the two places when i ve worked long hours or am tense. I wanted to know if its a pinched nerve? if yes, is there any solution?
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012