Cerebral Palsy, Does this sounds like a logical solution ?

A few years ago, I was diagnosed with mild CP. Last year, I began noticing that when I would stand for long periods of time, or would walk for awhile, my lower back and muscles around my hips would start spasming and it felt like the spasming was really deep in the muscle.

At first, I would ignore it and simply keep walking. Eventually the spasms and pain would grow until my legs and hips would lock up and I couldn't move at all. Once it reached that point, it would feel like someone took a metal hammer and was smashing it into my lower back and hips.

This has been occurring regularly the last 2 months. I need to be able to walk, and I can, but there is always twitching and mild pain. My one friend who has full-on CP, suggested that if I use forearm crutches, it may take some of the strain off my legs and lower back enough to where I can walk without discomfort.

Does this sounds like a logical solution?

Asked On : Wed, 20 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Yes that is a good idea to relieve strain on  your lower limbs.