Cellulitis in the abdomen. On IV medication. Low blood pressure and high blood sugar levels. Reaction to medication?

My mother was admitted to the hospital on Monday for cellulitis in her abdomen . They put her on IV medications and kept her overnight. It was expected that she would be released today but I guess last night her blood pressure was very low (I don t k ow how low) and her blood sugars spiked (I don t k ow how high). As a result, the doctors want to keep her another day or two. What would cause the low pressure and sugar spike? They seem so unrelated to this infection. Maybe a reaction to the high power meds?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012