Cause of fast heartbeat

i have fast heartbeat even when im relaxing and do nothing. it happen everytime. what cause this? im 18 years old
Asked On : Fri, 24 Feb 2012
Hello there,
What is your heart rate/pulse rate? Normal rate is between 60-100 beats/min. If inspite of having normal heart rate,you feel your heart is beating fast/ or if you are constantly aware of your heart beats.... it is called palpitations. Palpitations can seen in patients with anxiety , thyroid(hyperthyroidism) , electrolyte abnormalities, cardiac abnormalities. Certain medications can cause palpitations. I suggest you meet your general physician and get it examined. Have a great day.