Cause for vibration on tip of penis, burning sensation while urinating? Will it go away?

I am a 51 year old male. I had a vibrating in the tip of my penis a few weeks ago but it went away in a week. I read that that could be a symptom of a prostate infection. Then a week ago I developed burning when I urinated. Then I began to itch in my urethra tube along with the burning. Both of those symptoms have now gone away in the last few days. My girlfriend has also had some burning off and on, and we are sexually active. What can this be and can it go away on it s own or do we both need to see a doctor? Thanks, Greg
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012