Cause for sudden heavy bleeding? No abdominal pain. Got lighter after taking hemostant

i had D&C 5-6weeks ago,then today there was sudden massive bleeding ,there is no abdominal pain ,but bleeding for blood gushing like water, i took hemostant 500mg.and bleeding became very light after 30mins. I have been very stressed for the past days and i lacked sleep days prior or before the massive bleeding,but bleeding now is already light,after 8hrs of taking hemostant...why did i bleed that heavy?what is happening to me?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Mar 2013
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
There could be some retained products of conception inside the uterus.
Please get a scan done to confirm that.