Cauda equina syndrome. Had prolapsed bowel, got diarrhea, unwell. Problem?

hi i had prolapsed bowel surgery 5 weeks ago things have not been right since, i suffer with cauda equina syndrome so have very little feeling bottom and front regions, i have been aware of solid sometimes sharp bits in my bottom area and every half moon shaped pieces which get sucked to me bum cheeks you can see it pulling my skin in from the out side! but now ive got foul yellow diahhorea its frothy and smells disgusting i feel generally unwell
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013

Having frothy yellow stools is known as steatorrhea. This is a condition due to several causes and it leads to discomfort for the patient. I am going to list the causes of steatorrhea. If you like you can go through each and then see which one fits you the best.

Pancreatitis (acute or chronic)
Pancreatic cancer
Celiac disease
Inflammatory bowel disease, particularly Crohn’s disease
Possibly irritable bowel syndrome (diarrhea-predominant IBS)
Short bowel syndrome
Excessive use of laxatives
Small bowel bacterial overgrowth
Whipple’s disease
Other causes of pancreatic enzyme deficiency (exocrine insufficiency)
Gallstones, particularly bile duct stones
Primary sclerosing cholangitis
Zollinger-Ellison syndrome

These are all the causes of yellowish fatty liver. Since you have prolapsed bowel as well, I think you are getting fatty stool because of that.

Dr Vineet