Cataract, diagnosed with Relapsing/Remitting multiple sclerosis. Any connection between MS and cataract?

An optometrist told me today that I have cataracts in both eyes. I have been having more trouble with my vision over the past year or so and went in for a new script. I am 60 years old and was diagnosed with Relapsing/Remitting Multiple Sclerosis 11 years ago, which I believe is now progressing into Secondary Progressive MS. I would like to know if there is any known connection between MS and cataracts.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013