Carpel tunnel syndrome in wrists, small bump on arm, slight bruise. Related symptoms?

Hi there. Last week I was told by a doctor that I have carpel tunnel in both wrists. I am currently working a dairy farm and a few days ago I saw a bump on my arm. About 7cms up from myright wrist. It really hurts. When I push down on it, the pain goes right up and down my arm from wrist to elbow . There s a slight bruise but need swelling than anything. Could this be caused from the carpel tunnel or a totally different injury? i know its a bit hard to say without seeing it but Any info would be create appreciated and I have explained as much as I can. Thank-you.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Both these can be a different pathology. I want to suggest you ultrasound examination of the forearm to know about nature of the swelling. You have not mentioned if it is hard,soft or cystic. I want to suggest you to get EMG/NCV test also.