Cardiomyopathy, heart attack causing temporary loss of vision, lower body paralysis. Angiogram showed issue with vessels, Ct scan showed shadow in the brain. What does that imply?

Hello Dr. 2 weeks ago my mother was hospitalized after some temporary loss of vision and lower body paralysis . We were told that she had a heart attack. She does have cardiomyopathy . A recent angiogram shows issues with 6 vessels and the valve and cabg is recommended. Today we are told that a recent ct scan shows a shadow in the brain and more tests are required to understand that before any heart surgery occurs. She is 78. I am very worried. What q s should I be asking? What could the shadow be???
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012