Cardiac patient, had fever, severe itching after blood transfusion for low HB level, no relief with oradexon. What should be done?

Hi, My father is admitted in hospital due to aspiration pneumonia and septicemia. These are corrected now but as his hemoglobin level goes down to 8 doctor has advised for blood transfusion of 2 units. His blood group is O+ve. After giving the blood, first he got temperature and then severe itching is happening. Oral medicine and steroid like oradexon is continuing but still the problem persists. Please advise what to do now and why this is happening. He is also a cardiac patient and recently got brain stroke.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012