Car accident, whiplash, skin irritation. Topical ointments, creams provide no relief. Can this be airbag dermatitis?

i was in a car accident last february and suffered whiplash and skin irritation. after trying unsuccessfully to eliminate products, make up etc. i visited my GP to help with diagnosis and treatment. After trying several topical ointments and creams my GP was confused as to what could be causign the problem. He sent me home to research incidences of airbags deploying and causing skin irritation. I came across a condition called airbag dermatitis . My GP referred for further investigation with Dermatology , he didnt appear to agree as my skin had cleared considerably due to the constant care i had taken with it and he did not seem to be listening to me a she said it would have appeared soon after the accident. I tried to tell him i was a qualified beauty therapist and knew about skin and had eliminated every product i used. however 4 weeks ago i returned for a follow up visit and my skin had flared up to the same extent it was initially following the accident. I am convinced the accident and deployment of airbag caused my skin to react thee way it did. It is a constant battle every day to get relief as i had neevr had trouble with my skin or even spots at puberty!!! Can you advise???
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012