Car accident, shooting pain down legs, X-ray showed L1 fracture. Will it cause further damage it I walk around without braces?

Hi Dr Siegel , my name is Kari , I had a blow out in my Saturn Sky on Sept 19th.It caused me to loose control on a curvy road . I went down a 15 Ft revene into trees totaling my car. I was taken to E.R at Waterman , one of many Florida hospitals here in Central Florida. They did an X-Ray at first,the tech saw a L1 fracture right away and notified the Dr which ordered a Cat-Scan , The doctor released me with pain meds, muscle relaxers and an order to see a Othropedic Surgeon in 72 Hrs.. I have had the hardest time finding a Dr to take me because It was a car acct, I have medical insurance . I am just worried that it has been 10 days , I don t have an appt till Mon the 1st of Oct.. My pain has gotten much worse , while walking I get shooting pain down the back of my legs .. Am I putting myself in danger by walking around without a brace or anything ?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012