Cannot withdraw from codeine completely. Cannot stay awake when withdrawing. Help

hello doctor, im a codeine addict from past 8-9 years. i have been tripping on codeine phosphate cough syrups. for the first couple of years, i used to take 3-4 bottles daily. then in subsequent years i reduced to a bottle daily but i cant reduce it further more and neither could withdraw from it., even when i really want to. we have also informed our family doctor and he has been prescribing medicines like ection and sleeping pills like insomnia . he also advised me to dilute the syrup before consuming it. but none of it is helping right now. the strange part is that i can withdraw from it for a few days even for around a week but i cant stay awake all that time. i have to sleep endlessly, only waking up sometimes for having my meals. and no matter, for how many days i sleep, it doesnt help me withdraw from its use because i only get active enough to wake up when i take another dose and then the same routine starts again. i have tried a lot of other emotional and mental exercise and have taken advice from many addicts who have finally withdrawn from its use. they continuously ask me to search for something i love doing the most but the problem is, i dont enjoy anything without having the drug. now-a-days i dont even enjoy anything after taking it but it has become a necessity and i feel like a slave to it. please help me get free from it doctor.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012