Cancerous lump removed from breasts. Advised arimidex. Unwilling to have medication due to side effects. Solution?

My mother is 62 and had a cancerous lump removed from her breast 7 years ago. She also had a hysdirectomy at the same time, due to the fact that her mother also had breast cancer . Last month, she had a tumor removed from her other breast, which the doctors said was stage 2 and that it was not at all related to the tumor that was removed 7 years ago. After testing, the doctors are sure that all cancer has been removed. However, as a precaution, they are suggesting that she takes Arimidex for the next 5 years. My mother suffered such extreme hot flashes, mood changes, depression , and weight gain after her hysdirectomy, that she does not want to take the Arimidex because it has the same side effects. What else can she do? Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013