Cancer spreading from brain to liver. Taking Morphine, Chemo. Should I take this case to the hospice?

Hello, my dad is in the oncology floor now at Jupiter Medical in Flordia after being in ICU for a few days. He is riddled with cancer, Lunkg, spread to brain the liver . He was on morphine for pain then they tried chemo one last time last last. Dr said he may of had bleeding to brain . its all just happening so fast. She called us in at 4:00 am and asked if I wanted him to go to hospice and I said yes but asked how long in the state he was in could he have , she said through the night ot maybe three days. We decided we didnt want to move him so we kept him there. I asked her o tell me point blank if she would give the same dose of Morphine to my dad as hospice would, I have heard form others that hospice sometimes are easier to work with, she said yes she would. I know its only been less than 24 hours but they say his heart is strong it it may take longer. they went from Oygen mask to nose oxygen and now they are thinking of taking that out. I need to know is you think this will be soon or should we take him to hospice. I also know after ready the internet blogs for the last 8 hours that Morphine takes away pain , but does it take away the memory? I just hope he doesnt know whats going on, he has only opened his eyes one time in the last 24 hours. My dad has NEVER been to the hospital in his 70 years and this happened so fast I am sick to my stomach. I know you or any oncologist will not have all my answers but just was wondering your view of my ramblings thank you
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012