Cancer. Used steroid. Diagnosed with avascular necrosis. Had hip replacement surgery. Suggest?

My father, age 78, has been diagnosed with avascular necrosis due to steroid treatment of cancer . He also has a broken hip. His team of doctors cannot find any way to help him since he is not strong enough for hip replacement surgery. He has had a couple of heart attacks and quadruple bypass about 14 years ago. He also has an abdominal aortic stent . As you could imagine, he is in alot of pain and looking for relief. He is planning on trying medical marijuana to alleviate his pain and in hopes of increasing circulation to the femoral tip. Is this a safe for him to try? He is very determined to try it immediately. Please help me to know how to help him.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013