Can you tell me the side effects of taking alcohol, smoking when having brain tumor?

My son has a vp shunt because of a brain tumor that's non removable but has been in remission since 2006. He's 17 now and we just found out that he's been drinking straight Vodka and smoking pot and were trying to explain what the effects of this is having on his body. so, if you can tell me the damaging parts that would be great.

Plus, I was wondering if the doctor was to do a MRI would the brain show a difference because of him doing these things?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013