Can you tell me if my blood test is normal?

my blood test shows,
HB 15.1 gm/dl 15±2 gm/dl
TC 10,200 cells/cumm 4,000 - 10,000 cells/cumm
Neutrophils 57 % 40 - 70%
Lymphocytes 38 % 20 - 40 %
Eosinophils 05 % 1 - 6%
Monocytes 00 % 2 - 10%
Basophils 00 %
ESR 21mm/hr

only thing is TC value which is 0000cell/cumm. is that a problem?
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM!
Thanks for posting your query here.
The Hb/hemoglobin- value which represents the iron status in the blood is within the normal limits. TC is total count of the White blood cells which consists of different types of cells namely neutrophils, lymphocytes, eosino, basophils and monocytes- in your test it is 10200cells/cumm. A bit above the normal level. DC is differential count which measures the quantity of individual cells. Neutrophils- -will increase in an acute infection-57%-within the normal limit, lymphocytes-will increase in the chronic infection-38%-within the normal limit but near to the upper range 40%. The same with eosinophils-will increase in allergic conditions. The total impression is an increase in the lymphocytes and eosinophils which shows a chronic infection most probably of allergic origin. To confirm the diagnosis a clinical correlation and ESR-Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate and AEC-Absolute Eosinophilic Count is necessary.
Hope this is helpful to you.

Hi Vibaneesh ,

Welcome to HCM Forum ,

After going through your blood reports it seems only TC is marginally raised.You not mentioned why you done blood reports.Intention of doing this would have more helpful.
Anyway if you having fever or any swelling with rise of TC and within normal range other reports then only this is significant,Otherwise this reports are of not to worry.

Still its advisable that you consult to nearest physician - show him reports and after in person your detailed examination 100 % he will able to tell you significance of this report.

Hope this helpful to you.

Best regards.