Can you take your IUD out yourself ?

Just wondering because i have no insurance and right now i have no job, i can go to the ER but then i have the bill... so what can happen if you do take it out yourself and how would you do it yourself?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Aug 2009
  Anonymous's Response
See it is not impossible to remove your IUD by yourself...but thats the last thing I'd advise u to do coz its not really safe. Can u feel the string? I know some women pulling it out by just giving a tug to the string, but then ive also heard it could tear ure cervix n all. If u cant feel the string...removing ureself is out of question. I would say dont try it ureself...coz if something goes wrong u end up with a more complicated situation n more expense than u'd need now.

I took my IUD sord out my self but only after accidentally pulling the cord after an incident with a stuck Tampon. It was easy to do as i didn't realise  what i was actually doing. Although it was easy with no pain or consequences for me i would reccommend going to see your gp.