Can you take birth control pills even if you have not got your periods ?

I took a morning after pill on Sunday because my boyfriend and I did not use a condom. I have been on the pill but have recently switched pills so I did not want the chance of getting pregnant . I was supposed to get my period this week but it has not come yet and I know the morning after pill might screw up my cycle. I m wondering do I start my new pack of pills next week even if my period doesn t come? or should I wait until I get a period to start my next pack and use another form of contraception until then?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011