Can you suggest a diet plan for a diabetic ?

Good Mrng Sir, my father is suffering from Diabetes , can u suggest me diet for him
Asked On : Tue, 9 Aug 2011
Hi Ankit,

Welcome to HCM.

Your father can go for a regular walk for one hour. Have rice only in afternoon, no rice in the night. He can have roti in the night.Have frequent small meals.He can have fruits like apple, orange, musambi, papaya.Basically it is high fiber and low carbohydrate diet.No sweets or sugar in coffee or tea.

Wish him good health.
Hi well come to HCM
To control DM you got to concentrate on three things atleast.Diet Exercise and drug
depending on ones severity of DM. Food in general should be restricted charbohydrat
especially sugar. High fibre and low calory diet. For detail diet recoomendation your
basic food habitts are important. You may take advise of dietition Who will keep in
mind calory rquirmnt as per his activity body built