Can you still be pregnant if you have a period after you have sex ?

I am worried that I have not had my last period. I had my last period on 8th May, I did not have sex within this last month as I had an operation done, but I did the month prior, can you still be pregnant if you have a period after you have sex? I am not sure why I haven t got my period this month. I have been worrying what if I cannot become pregnant anymore because of my age, I have just turned 42... I don t no if it is to early to worry about this. But I do want to have a baby, I think this is why I am so concerned about my age, & if I can still get pregnant and because I have missed my period this month. Has anyone got any advice?? I do see my Dr later in the week, but I do need to go for x-ray testing in a couple of days I am concerned about this because what if I am pregnant and also concerned about maybe started menopause and can t have a baby. Have I missed my chance to have a baby.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012