Can you please tell me how to control blood pressure ?

I am 43 ,about 99kgs weight,height 5feet6inches,B.P.is180/110,pl.suggest medicine and how to control BP.. ?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Apr 2011
Your BP is very high and you are obese by about 35kg according to your height (BMI 35 ). You need to :
1 Reduce your wt to about70 Kg
2 Reduce salt intake to the minimum.
3 perform regular exercises
4 Take drugs (e.g. Amilodipine + Losartan potassium + low dose Aspirin )
5 Measure your BP regularly.
I do'nt want to scare you, but I think in addition to the above measures
you need to see a doctor IMMEDIATELY.

Sports Medicine Specialist Dr. Abhay Dikshit's  Response
Hi, Are you having a family history of Hypertension?
Is your blood pressure always remains high?
Thorough investigations are necessary.
Apart from the medicine for hypertension, you must restrict your diet, do lot of exercise, daily walking at least 5 kms.
Eat more of green vegetables, salads without salt. Restrict salt, oils, ghee. butter, cheese and fast foods.
Do relaxation exercises also.
All these measures will help you a lot.
It will also decrease the dose of antihypertensive medicine.
Hello, Welcome to healthcaremagic forum.
You seem to have HTN. but is it always ur BP is raised?
at present if u can, then i would suggest you to take homoeopathic medicine Rauwolfia serpentina tincture (Q) 8-10 drops in 1/2 glass of water to immediately get your BP to normal. then get ur BP monitored for a week daily at fixed time and note it down to get a fair idea of ur regular BP value.
also u should take a salt restricted diet with no added salt in rice or salad or fruits or juices. instead opt for kala namak in fruits or buttermilk as it is high in potassium.
A light exercise and yoga and meditation under an expert guidance will surely help u maintain ur BP. u must consult a physician nearby for your BP if it is constantly high who will then carry out few investigations (if necessary) and give the adquate medication. for a detailed diet for high BP, contact: Dr. Rooma Ramnani,
take care.
Dr. Rooma Ramnani.