Can you give some advice to remove yellowness of my teeth ?

Sir I have yellow teeth by which I am facing too many problems . Can u give some advice to remove it ?
Asked On : Sat, 22 May 2010
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query,
Several reasons exist for our teeth turning yellow. Some people are born with slightly yellow teeth naturally, and only unnatural dentistry, such as veneers, can fix them. It is perfectly normal for people to have slightly yellowish teeth. The problem is that the teeth become more yellow with time. The number one reason for the yellowing of teeth is staining from foods, drinks, or other substances introduced into the mouth. Teeth are made of four layers of tissues. The innermost layer is the cementum. It attaches the root of the tooth to the jaw bone. Next, is the pulp. The pulp contains the blood vessels and nerve-endings in the tooth.
I suggest you go to your dentist so that he/she can examine, determine and recommend what's the best teeth whitening product to be use
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful
Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response
HI,

Thanks for asking for query ,

Yellowish teeth can be because of various reasons excessive consumption of tea , coffe , tea , tobacco , poor dental hygiene this are known as extrinsic stains .

Intrinsic stains can be because of hereditary condition, illness , excessive fluoride intake , certain medications like tetracycline .

Use proper brushing and flossing techniques .
Avoidance of food beverages that causes stains .

Get complete scaling and polishing done.
Use bleaching , laminates , Bonding agents and veneers .

Regards...

Dentist, Periodontics Dr. Palvi 's  Response
hi...
thanks for the query...
it can be due to external deposits... due to plaque, calculus, stains etc... in that case, scaling and root planing is required... you have to maintain good oral hygiene afterwards.... brush twice daily after meals... avoid excessive intake of tea, coffee especially if you are on CHX mouth washes... avoid smoking also...

another reason could be natural yellowish color by birth... in that case, you can go for external bleaching... in that a solution and custom tray will be given to you by your dentist after proper impressions...

another reason could be genetic... in that case, you can go for laminates...
hope it will help you...
take care....

Dentist Dr. Yogesh Tripathi's  Response
hello
discolored or yellow teeth may be due to variety of reasons including
1.extrinsic factors like excessive intake of tea ,coffee ,smoking , tabacco and also poor oral hygiene and excessive rubbing of teeth due to which enamel is lost and dentin becomes visible which is yellow in color
2.intrinsic factors like use of fuloride or tetracycline during pregnancy or during growing years of teeth
now most of the extrinsic factors can be taken care of by a dentist who wil do a simple scaling and polishing of your teeth and if you are not satisfied than you can even have a dental bleech done
for intrinsic factors scaling would not be a good choice
bleeching may or may not give good results
laminates have wonderful results
all these procedure would be dome by your dentist
so what i would suggest is that you pay a visit to your dentist who will specify the proper cause and treatment procedure
hope that helps

Dentist Dr. Anshumala Singh's  Response
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

yellowness of teeth could be due to two reasons.Extrinsic stains and intrinsic stains.

Extrinsic stains can be removed easily by scaling or also called professional cleaning of teeth.

But intrinsic stains cannot be removed completely.

Therefore please see your dentist once and get it evaluated clinically, so that exact diagnosis can be made and hence the treatment.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
hello,
give a visit to your dentist and he will decide amongst the various options available like scaling, bleaching, laminates etc. depending on the need.
take care...
Dentist Dr. Grishma Bhuta's  Response
There may be numerous reasons for which u r having yellow teeth...rule out cause..u may go in for bleaching of OR chair side laminates. laminates will work wonders
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
hello,
teeth stain if external then a scaling and polishing will do. if not extrinsic then capping, veneering and bleaching are possible. dont worry about the yellow teeth, visit a dentist and get your simple problem solved. take care
Dentist Dr. Grishma Bhuta's  Response
There may be numerous reasons for which u r having yellow teeth...rule out cause..u may go in for bleaching of chair side laminates. laminates will work wonders